Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Stop and Count the French Fries...what does that mean?

Ok...so a few of you have asked me what our family motto means...so I thought I would share here on the blog...in case anyone else is wondering...;)

Here it is...




What a strange motto to live your life by right? Well let me explain! At my husband’s graduation from the Marriott School of Management at BYU, the main speaker talked about “counting the French fries” and it just stuck.

He related a rough period of his life…he was going through a masters program and had 2 small children and a wife. They were extremely poor! It was a rough point in their lives. His wife spent the majority of the time with the small children as he was either in class or studying.

Well one day they were at McDonalds…going out to eat at that time was a very big deal as they were very poor. The children started fighting over “who had more French fries” and his wife sat there and counted out each child “equal fries”. The children were delighted that they both had “equal fries” and that moment just stuck with them!

They realized that when our life gets rough or things don’t seem fair…to take time out and count “the French fries” or in other words…count all of the blessings that we have.

My husband and I have applied that to our life as things get tough…and life isn’t easy…we often stop and “count the French fries”! We are greatly blessed.

I hope that clears it up...LOL...Yes...of course I had to scrap it...